Monday, July 11, 2011

A quick post about a great weekend

I had such a great Sunday and Monday, I just thought I had to share. Sunday was "Arte de Portas Abertas" in Santa Teresa—essentially an open-house for all the cool bohemian artists in the neighborhood. I spent the afternoon wandering around this beautiful area, wandering into artists' houses and studios and checking out their work. All the restaurants were packed with people, and I even found one that specializes in gluten-free fare! There were stands all over the neighborhood selling handicrafts, and street performers on the corners. I spent a long time wandering around, exploring places I had never seen. I found a shop selling traditional portuguese food, and met a french artist named Lydia.
On my way back home, I enjoyed a caipirinha made with passionfruit, kiwi, strawberry, and lime, and stopped to sip and hear some street jazz. My sunday afternoon was one experience that everyone in Rio should have!

Today a friend and I from my guesthouse went to Ipanema. I guess there's not much to chronicle about that, but as usual, it was beautiful. We bought overpriced popsickles and enjoyed the warm winter sun (heh).

Just a quick post for now. I'll try to put some pictures up on facebook soon!

No comments: