Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Experiences

So.... hi all!

This week has been very low key. I went to see Nicolas Flamel's house, which was pretty cool (sorry if i repeat things I've already said...). It's now a restaurant, but it has carvings on it (made after his death) and it was built in 1407, which makes it pretty darn OLD.


Samantha came again on the weekend, which was a lot of fun. We went out for Moroccan food, yum, then went to the Palais de Chaillot (right near the eiffel tower) to watch the tower sparkle. It sparkles for about 4 minutes, every hour, on the hour. It was beautiful! At night it is lit up to look kind of gold-ish, then strobes turn on and it sparkles. Other nights it has been lit up blue for the european union (there are gold stars in a circle on it, like the EU flag).

The next day we went to meet Maggie and get falafel for lunch. We strolled around a bit, went into a couple stores, and rested. That night my family and Maggie's went out for Turkish food. It was a very ethnic foody weekend.!

Recently I've been having a flare of Crohn's Colitis (meaning my large intestine doesn't like me), so I spent the last two days getting to know the American Hospital in Paris. Despite its name, most of the doctors are french, and I heard mostly french spoken. It was a good hospital though. Tuesday I had blood tests and a CT-scan, and yesterday I had a colonoscopy. Woo! I have been prescribed new medicine, so hopefully everything should be under control in the next couple days. Unfortunately, this means I haven't been able to do much! (or, I have an excuse to lay around in bed all day, my guilty pleasure).

I've been hearing about snow in some parts of northern New England. Here it ahs been in the 60s, quite beautiful. Now it's sunny, with a clear blue sky. Very nice.

Sorry there's not much to talk about! I have one more week here, then I'll be going to Portugal for two weeks.

Chau and bisous!

1 comment:

Shivani said...

LIGEEDA!! I miss you so very very much! I'm glad you're loving France, though - although I doubt you're loving such an intimate connection with your large intestine. =) Will you be home for Thanksgiving/Christmas at all?

bisous
Cricket